By Shelly Temm
Staging your home can have huge payoffs! According to a 2014 Zillow survey of real estate agents, hiring a professional home stager was listed as #2 for “top home improvement projects for sellers.”
Homes that are staged can successfully compete in their price range and lead to remarkably quicker sales. Lux Life Real Estate recently had a vacant house listed and although the showings were plentiful, buyers just couldn’t imagine the potential or space the house had. We called on Lasting Impressions Home Staging to do a partial staging for us and the results were astounding!
Jenni Toth and Vicki Casper shared some of their tips for staging.
1. Hang a wreath on the door and clean up the front porch to create a warm, inviting first impression.
2. Clean! Clean! Clean! Make sure rooms are de-cluttered and spotless.
3. Don’t stress about changing the wall colors, unless you get feedback from buyers. The time and cost isn’t always worth the return. Many buyers like to paint with their own color scheme anyways!
4. Set personal things aside. Examples include trophies, pictures, and valuable items. Buyers like to envision their belongings there!
5. Decorate with neutral colors and add “pops” of colors like pillows or a throw.
6. Showcase the best features of a home like fireplaces by adding electric candles and simple décor.
7. Create intimate, warm settings with rugs, pillows, and throws where you could picture yourself relaxing.
8. Have a spot where they get something. This Keurig and chocolate station is the perfect way to help them feel comfortable and make a connection with the house.
9. Create a fun kids spot! This spot has games and items kids can keep busy with so parents can look in leisure
10. Use Plug ins to mask odors. Placing a bowl of apples in the kitchen can also help absorbs odors.
It is estimated that 90% of potential buyers are not going to be able to look past dirt, clutter, and imperfections. That means you have to get above the noise to reach them. Hopefully these tips have helped you get started. Tell us your thoughts in the comments!
Shelly Temm works for Lux Life Real Estate as their Marketing/Social Media Assistant.
Lux Life is a collection of savvy, educated, and knowledgeable real estate professionals. Contact Lux Life Real Estate @ 636-229-8515.
>> Read Up-size, Down-size, or Re-size! Buying or Refinancing a Mortgage to learn how to get your next mortgage.